Correct customer information is very important for your PrestaShop store. Customer addresses are important for a PrestaShop database. They can be used for reports as well as to ship products to your customers. In PrestaShop a customer can have more than one address registered in their account. Customer addresses can be added from customer account setting from PrestaShop front-end. An administrator can add, edit and delete customer addresses, and also set required fields. from the PrestaShop admin panel.
In this tutorial, we will learn about managing customer addresses in PrestaShop. If you want to learn managing customers in general, please refer to our last tutorial Managing Customers in PrestaShop.
Front-end Settings for Managing Addresses
A registered customer can add or edit their addresses from the account settings on the front-end. By default customers are not required to provide an address during the registration period. They can add one or more addresses at any time once they’re registered. If they have not provided and address, they will be required to enter it during the checkout of their first order.
A customer can logs in a PrestaShop site and they can edit the settings of their account. The customer can access the account settings by clicking on their name on the upper right corner on the front-end. The account settings are divided into several section. The section for the addresses is labelled as My Addresses. To add the address click on add First Address button on the front-end.
It will open a page with a form to open customer address. The form is self explanatory as shown below.
Add Customer Addresses
To add customer address from admin panel of your PrestaShop store, navigate to Customers -> Addresses in the menu and on the page that opens click on Add new Customer button on the upper-right corner as shown below:
This is open a form for adding a customer address as shown below:
The options to fill as as follows:
- Customer email – It is the email address of a customer registered on your PrestaShop store. You can find the email address of a customer by navigating to Customers->Customer in the menu, and in the table of customer list you can find email-address of a particular customer. The first name and last name of the customer will be automatically filled with the names associated with the email address.
- Address alias – Enter the alias for the address like home, office etc.
- First Name – The first name of the customer associated with the email address entered above, this field is automatically filled after the email address is filled.
- Last Name – The last name of the customer associated with the email address entered above, this field is automatically filled after the email address is filled.
- Company – The name of the company for which customer works, this field is optional.
- VAT number – The VAT number associated withe customer or company for which he works.
- Address – The name of the street, building number floors etc
- Address2 – Extra filed to enter address, if not last field is falling short for the address.
- City – The city of the customer’s address
- ZIP/Postal Code – ZIP/Postal Code of the customer’s address.
- Country – The country of the customer.
- State – this filed is only present if country has stated like United States.
- Home phone – enter the home phone of the customer, however this field is optional.
- Other -Any other information you want to give for the customer.
After you have field all the information, click on Save button to add the customer address.
Edit Customer Addresses
To edit a customer address navigate to Customers -> Addresses in the menu and on the page that opens click on edit button for particular customer address you want to edit.
It will open a form for editing the address of the customer, similar as adding new address. The form fields are same as adding new customer. for more information refer to Add Customer Address section.
Delete Customer Addresses
To delete a customer address navigate to Customers -> Addresses in the menu and on the page that opens click on arrow next to edit button for particular customer address and from the drop-down select delete as shown below:
After you click delete button an pop up will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to delete the customer address. You can also delete more than one addresses at a time. To do so, select the customer addresses by marking the check boxes you want to delete, then from the bulk actions drop-down at the bottom choose delete selected.
Set Required Fields for Customer Addresses
Some fields on the customer address form are not required to be filled by default. If you want you can make those field required. To do so navigate to Customers -> Addresses in the menu and on the page click on the button Set required fields for this section the is below this of customer addresses.
To make a field required, check the checkbox of the particular field and click on Save button. This will make that field required while adding address both from front-end and back-end. For example Company option is not required on the address form, if you check its checkbox and save the it will become required field for the address form.